We are excited to announce that our 2020 Scholarship Application is now open!
The deadline for scholarship applications is
APRIL 30, 2020
Every year, Texas Tech Parents Association awards thousands of dollars in scholarships funded by donations to our scholarship endowments. Scholarships provided by Texas Tech Parents Association advance access to higher education by providing timely financial assistance to students. Scholarship applications are available in four categories: entering freshmen, returning undergraduate students, new transfers, and graduate
students. TTPA scholarships are awarded based on a variety of factors including academic merit, financial need, field of study, and quality of essays. Our scholarships are in addition to Texas Tech University or Texas Tech Alumni Association scholarships, and require a separate application,
which is accessed on this website.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
Review the Scholarship Guide
FAQs, Tips, and List of Scholarship Opportunities
- Gather all application information before beginning the process
- Allow 45 minutes to complete the application.
- Clean your browser history before you begin the application, including cookies, cache, form and search history. Sometimes a browser that has not been cleaned in a long time can cause the system to hang and prevent you from submitting.
- Use Chrome or Firefox. Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer and Safari cause issues.
- You must complete each section before moving to next page.
- Do not attempt to save an unfinished application to complete at a later time. You will not be able to return to it. Do NOT click Save and continue later button.
- You will receive a confirmation email upon successful submission. If you do not receive a confirmation, that means your application did not submit correctly and you have to start anew.
INFORMATION TO HAVE ON HAND BEFORE YOU BEGIN
You will not be able to save and return to your scholarship application.
All information provided is subject to verification.
- Student R#
- Student previous year's earnings.
- Parent TTPA Membership # (See FAQs)
- Parents previous year's earnings (if you wish to be considered for financial need).
- Transfer and current TTU students provide cumulative GPA.
- Entering freshmen provide High School GPA (YTD).
- Amount and source of other financial aid you anticipate receiving
- List of clubs and organizations in which you were/are a member/leader. Positions held and when.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION ESSAYS
You must answer two essay questions with a suggested word count of 350-500 words each. It is best to have these written prior to going through the application process. Email your essays immediately upon completion of your application.
Saved as PDF attachments and email to:
email@example.com. Subject line:
TTPA Scholarship Essay - (Your Full Name)
- Why did you chose Texas Tech University to complete your education and how do you plan to "give back" to Texas Tech once you graduate?
- Why did you choose your field of study and what do you hope to accomplish in your career?